Photo Credit: Three Irish Girls Photography
Philosophy of Care
- I believe that pregnancy, childbirth, and the postpartum time are profound experiences, and initiations in a family’s life.
- I believe that midwives are the most appropriate care providers for low-risk women, because we view birth as an inherently normal physiological process while offering hands-on individualized care that focuses on education, nutrition and building trust.
- I foster collaborative and informed decision making to empower and educate my clients. I believe that women have the right to be supported in their decisions to birth how, where, and with whom they choose.
- When we do a good job at educating and supporting women prenatally, more often than not, women will birth their baby with little to no intervention.
- How we are born matters. My hope is to create positive change in the world, one birth at a time.
- Your body. Your baby. Your birth. Your way.
- Midwifery Education Accredited College (MEAC) graduate, 2008-2014
- Certified Professional Midwife (CPM) through North American Registry of Midwives (NARM), August 2014 - Present
- CPR and NRP Certified, 2010 - Present
- Licensed Midwife (LM) with the State of Minnesota
- 75 births and counting
- in home and waterbirth center
- Postpartum Doula at a waterbirth center, 2008 - 2012
- Completed Tami Kent's Holistic Pelvic CareTM for health care professionals, April 2016